This week let’s talk about the pet lovers in your life. This gift guide is near and dear to me because I love animal-related gifts.
I try not to buy too many chochkies for my friends because like any decor, it’s very personal. My tastes might not coincide with how they decorate their home, so I go easy on decorative items, but I found lots of other ideas.
• Christmas ornament
• Dog shaped cookie cutter
• Socks! I love getting designer socks. The quirkier, the better.
• Cat Socks
• Cat Butt Magnets. Yes, cat butts.
• Coloring Book.
• Don’t forget to include the gel crayons.
• Leash rack with dog butts.
• Leash rack with dog silhouette.
• Lassie movie collection. Love the one with Roddy McDowell and Elizabeth Taylor!
• Dog Pillow Sham
• Cat Pillow Sham
• UV Flashlight. Great for finding pet stains, scorpions, and dribbles left behind by little boys.
• Pit Bull Cup. Other breeds available. I love Dean Russo’s art.
• Cat Cup. Design also by Dean Russo
• Door Mat: Dog
• Door Mat: Cat
• Sleeping Pants
• Sleeping Shirt. Yup. That’s my shirt.
• Dog Tarot Cards. I can’t make this up!
• Pet Tote Bags. Over 200 Different Breeds.
• Kitchen Towel. These are a hoot!
• Kitten Door Stop. I think it would make a good paperweight too.
• Cats Welcome
• Chicken Soup for the Dog and Cat Lover’s Soul
• It’s Raining Cats and Dogs: Paper-Pieced Quilts
• The Crazy Cat Lover’s Handbook
• Mark Twain for Cat Lovers (I never knew Twain was such a cat lover.)
• How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You
• The Silence of the Library (I love this cover too)
I’d like a couple of these things myself.
A dear friend gave me this frame when my Tanky passed away two years ago. Although it’s not a Christmas gift per se, if you know someone who’s lost someone precious to them around the holidays, you can’t go wrong giving them this.
Not a day goes by that this frame doesn’t make me smile. It’s one of my most favorite gifts.
If you’re an animal lover, what kind of gifts would you like?