Who says you can’t give yourself a present once in a while? It doesn’t have to be for Christmas, but I’ve found the best deals can usually be found around this time of year.
While I’m the worst for buying myself anything, I’ve gotten better at pampering myself–especially if I can get it on sale.
I’ve found it’s easier just to let Greg choose for himself and the same goes for me. He wouldn’t have a clue which oil paint I need, or what kind of pressure cooker I wanted.
Gifts for yourself can be anything from a tool to a new sweater. They’re the things you want, but feel too guilty to buy for yourself. Give yourself permission to splurge once in a while. It’s a lesson I learned too late in life, but I’m making up for it now.
Here are some kick-starter ideas.
• Blood pressure machine Weird? Not really. It could save your life.
• Elite Pressure Cooker Faithful readers already know I love this machine. Good price for it now too!
• Keurig Coffeemaker I’m not a coffee drinker, but I’ve bought this twice for the people I love. I am now their favorite person. 🙂
• Apple iPad Air 2 I probably shouldn’t be listing this since Greg has been hinting that his needs to be replaced soon. But if you’re an Apple fan, these are great. I steal Greg’s every chance I get.
• Downton Abbey, how do I love thee? Best damn series ever.
• Gaiam Ball Chair It doesn’t look like much, but I swear by this if you have nerve or back pain. It’s the only chair I use.
• Simon I’m not much of a toy person, but I love this game. Good for strengthening your memory too.
• Wireless Security Camera Easy to set up and gives a lot of peace of mind. We use it to watch the dogs while we’re gone, but it’s also a baby monitor. Includes night vision, motion alert, and two-way audio.
• Weather Station This is one of those things that gardeners and outdoorsy people can’t live without. I can get more precise information on how to protect my garden and animals than what I get from the weather service.
• Jawa Candy & Card Holder I have to admit, I was thinking of Sandra Ulbrich Almazan when I saw this. I thought it was adorable.
• Roomba 880 I still love my Roomba. I have not gone back to my old vacuum since. It was the perfect gift to myself.
• Rtic Tumbler I recommended this to a friend recently. It keeps liquids cold or hot for a very long time and best of all, no condensation.
• Z Zoned Memory Foam Pillow One of the best things I ever bought for myself. I sleep so much better now.
• White Noise Machine I am very tempted to get this. It’s had rave reviews. Even with the better bed (and pillow) falling asleep is still hard for me.
• Fitbit These Fitbits seem to be all the rage. I was shocked at the great reviews and the sheer number of reviews. Maybe I should give this a second look.
• Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver If you don’t know what this is, you’re not embracing your inner geek. I happened to be married to a diehard fan. This is one of the things I bought him. Silly, but hey, you only live once.
• Godiva Chocolates If you’re going to have chocolate, go for the good stuff.
• Business Card Holder Très chic, y’all.
• Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial If you haven’t tried the free trial, do it over the holidays. We actually use it a lot more than I thought we would.
So eat the last doughnut, get a massage, and buy yourself something nice. From experience, this is the best time to buy most items. Sometimes there are windows when something drops down even further, but you can at least feel assured that retailers will do most anything to get your business.
Attention Authors: On Thursday, December 1st I want to showcase authors (especially indie authors). If you have a book on Amazon, send me the link and genre, and I will include you in a post dedicated to books as gifts. One book per author please. All genres welcome, but no overtly sexy stuff.
If you know me, use my private email address, if you don’t, email me through my contact page. Be sure to put ‘Christmas’ in the subject line and tell me if you’d like to showcase a paperback or the ebook. Feel free to share this post with your author friends too.
See my other Gift Guides.